12 January 2008

In the Bedroom...


I just wanted to share a few pictures of my bedroom with everyone. It's nothing extravagant, but I am very proud of the way it looks, especially the effort we put into trying to hide the big dip in the floorboards. The bed and night table were the first things we purchased. We got them at Argos. The egg lamp was a surprising TK Maxx find at €30. The duvet cover is a pretty grey/blue toile pattern. I got it on sale at House of Fraser for €40 marked down from €75. The wardrobe is probably the most expensive piece of furniture we have in the house besides our sofa, but without any closets in the apartment, we were desperate for storage.

Here's a fun little decorating project that only takes a few minutes to do. I bought these 10"x 20" frames with frosted glass on sale at Dunnes for a mere €5 each. Now when I bought them, they had some tacky pictures of seashells and beachy stuff in them, but all you have to do is pull up the cardboard backing and stick something cool in front of the pictures. I chose some fun scrapbook paper that my mom bought for me at Costco, but you can use anything really: photos, your own artwork, or just paint blocks of colour over it. I think there are still a few left at the Georges Street Dunnes.


To the right, here, is my wall decal that I purchased from Blik. Unfortunately they do not ship outside of the US, but there are plenty of other European companies who do. One of my favourites is Domestic from France with their Vynil collection. Urban Outfitters sells the Blik Mod dots, but at about twice the price as the website. Decals are great for apartment dwellers, because they are not permanent; you can take them down whenever you like, but they can only be used once. However, be careful when you use them. There are good ways and there are some really really bad ways.

The last thing in my room that I'd like to show off is our little CD player from MUJI that James bought me for Christmas last year. You just pull the little cord like a lamp, and the cd starts spinning. You obviously wouldn't get the same sound quality as a regular Hi-Fi, but it's quite superb for a little bedroom mood music if you catch my drift.

Well, that's my room. Hope you've enjoyed it. Maybe next time you can come over and I'll give you a personal tour ;-) ;-)

5 comments:

MissLili said...

Hey Shawna, I love your new blog!! Lilixxx

Shawna said...

Ahhh! Thanks Lili! Yours rocks too ;-)

zee said...

Loving your bedroom and your blog Shawna. I especially love your funky wardrobes!

Shawna said...

Oh thank you Zee! I got the wardrobe at Mobilia. I like your blog too. I'm quite a fan, really ;-)

Susie said...

I've just stumbled upon your blog this evening. Your bedroom is lovely!