30 January 2008

Look what I found!

I just wanted to share a few photos of latest Dublinwaste.ie find. It's an old radiogram that the previous owner's father had made himself back in the 50's. He told me that the turntable still works but the radio has a couple of broken valves or something. I could take it in to have it fixed, but all the stations are AM anyway, and James says a lot of them probably aren't even on the air anymore (Radio Oslo, Radio Munich, etc.), save for the BBC.

Still, it's lovely to look at, and serves as a nice shelf for the time being until we get that flat screen tv to mount above it. Hahaha, I think I'm slowly but surely turning my house into something that resembles Darren and Samantha's on Bewitched.

2 comments:

zee said...

What a gorgeous freebie! Dublin Waste is such a gem; things don't get snapped up as fast as on Jumbletown and I've spotted some lovely retro sideboards and desks, etc. on it.

Shawna said...

Yeah, I kind of rotate between Dublin Waste and Jumbletown every other day. haha, I wish I had more room in my apartment.