12 January 2008

Wacky, Wonderful, Weird...Emma Klingbeil

I stumbled upon Emma Klingbeil the other day while writing up my Etsy finds for the week. Her work is so interesting, however, that I thought it deserved it's own article. She's quite a rarity, a really good artist who sells her original paintings for under $100. In fact, for a 10"x 10" original, you'll only pay $50-$60, 0r $10 for a print sized 8.5"x 8.5".

Her stuff is slightly twisted, as if coming from the imagination of a child who watched too much Ren and Stimpy growing up (I can relate). At the same time, they are whimsical and endearing. If you want to add a burst of colour to a room, Emma's paintings are definitely a safe bet.

4 comments:

Rojo said...

That strawberry one is great

Anonymous said...

I just punched in Emma's name as a google search and found your wonderful comments on her work! Thank you - she's amazing in many ways, but I'm her Mom, so I know that already! Thank you, Shawna-
Sandra Klingbeil

Shawna said...

Sandra-

So lovely to hear from you. Haha, that's so funny that you googled your daughter. My mom does the same thing for me and my sister. Anyway, tell Emma we think she's awesome! And thanks again for leaving a comment.

Anonymous said...

Emma's probably one of the most naturally gifted artists around... should be selling her works for more. i've been a really huge fan for years and have been stocking up on her works. she also has the personality to match. that girl will definately go places with her work! unbelievable!