22 February 2008

Flip that House


I've been watching a lot of Flip That House lately on Discovery Real Time. I've always thought it would be fun to take an old wreck of a house and turn it into something fantastic. I'm not even entirely interested in making money at it (though it would be nice to earn a living from something like that). I just like the idea of creating something completely from scratch and saving a property that would otherwise have been neglected. There's not too many properties like that in Dublin that we could afford, but America seems to be awash with them thanks to the recent recession. I've been thinking about buying one close to my parents so we could go over there for a few months and enlist the help of my folks to help us fix it up. I'm sure they wouldn't mind :-P

No comments: