24 February 2008

Mongozo Beer!

Last night I was meant to go out for a few drinks with friends to celebrate my birthday, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I ended up staying home with the husband watching South Park. However, this seemingly dull event was made much more exciting when I popped down to the off license for some liquid refreshment and discovered a range of exotic flavoured beers, including Mongozo Banana. Now normally I wouldn't buy my drinks based on how cool the packaging is, but with this one I couldn't resist. It looks like an old Cuban propaganda poster, and the little Fair Trade symbol with the icing on the cake. I'm happy to report that it's some of the best beer I've ever tasted as well. If you're not a fan of beer, but you don't want to be teased for drinking Bacardi Breezers and Blue WKDs, this is the beer for you. It's not girly or overly sugary; it's exotic and sophisticated! They also come in Coconut, Quinua, and Palmnut. The only catch is that I'm pretty sure they don't sell it in pubs.

5 comments:

Nathalie said...

Happy birthday !!!
Must try one of those beers, they sound interesting !

Shawna said...

Thank you! yeah, it seems like a strange concept, but it's quite delicious!

Rojo said...

Happy belated birthday!


I'm gonna have to try that bear out - it looks really good!!!

zee said...

I'm loving the sound of those beers. Did you buy them in a local offy, somewhere around Dublin 6? I'm really keen to try them out! And it sounds like you had a perfect birthday, by my standards :-)

Shawna said...

Yeah I got them at Redmonds here in Ranelagh. I think they're about 2.90/bottle.