29 March 2008

Colour Glass in Ranelagh


Last week, James took me down the street to show me the new Colour Glass showroom here in Ranelagh. Of course, to prevent any sort of purchases, he brought me down on Easter Sunday when the shop was closed. Thanks Sweetie! Fortunately, they've a lovely website with brochures to download. Colour glass is a hot trend at the moment that replaces the need for tiles, and it comes in about a bazillion colours to fit your needs. With all my tiling frustrations at the moment, one sleek piece of glass seems so nice right now.

6 comments:

zee said...

Your new banner is great! And I too am having tiling woes. I want turqouise and lime green tiles for the floor in our entryway. I found some in the perfect shades in a nearby tile shop and I think I literally jumped for joy. Then the guy working there said they were for walls and offered no help . I was so gutted.

Shawna said...

Yeah, tile people are weird about that whole floor/wall thing. That happened to us too, but as far as I could tell, the only difference between the wall and floor tiles is that the floor ones are matte for less chance of slippage. But unless they're going in your bathroom, I think you'll be fine. Just send in John to lie and say they're for your walls ;-)

Shawna said...

Yeah, tile people are weird about that whole floor/wall thing. That happened to us too, but as far as I could tell, the only difference between the wall and floor tiles is that the floor ones are matte for less chance of slippage. But unless they're going in your bathroom, I think you'll be fine. Just send in John to lie and say they're for your walls ;-)

Nathalie said...

Hey Shawna !
Love your new banner :) !!

bigtree said...

The glass is really great but far more expensive than tiles....I had a quote for a piece recently and it would've blown half my budget for the whole house! I ended up going for tiles....and putting them up myself

Carolina Eclectic said...

The color glass is beautiful. Especially the sunny yellow kitchen. Love it!