04 April 2008

Funny Games

I just got back from seeing the film Funny Games at Cineworld. I must say, I've never seen a film like it....EVER! It was probably the most twisted movie I've ever seen, but if you're willing to sit through two hours of complete sadistic sickness, you're in for a interior design treat! The film takes place in a Hamptons weekend home full of gorgeous, traditional American decorating. Whites, woods, and periwinkle blues dominate the colour scheme like a much softer, more loving version of American Beauty.

Hmmm...whenever I think back to my grandpa's old beach place in Washington, all I can think of was ugly wood panelling from the 60's and ceramic maritime figurines. But I digress. The home in Funny Games is completely immaculate, full of light and air, and the kitchen is to die for; quite literally to die for. But despite all that beauty and sense of Americana perfection, if you do decide to see this film, you might second guess purchasing that home in the Hamptons.

P.S. Oh yeah, and if you're a total film geek like me, you might agree that this has, like, the best opening to a movie ever!

No comments: