01 April 2008

Kylie at Home


I heard a while back that Kylie Minogue had released a collection of homewares and thought "Great! She's got mad style, Darling is one of my favourite perfumes, but will it really come to Ireland?" Well some of you might be pleased to know that she's officially kicked Twiggy's ass to the curb to become the new queen of Dunnes Stores Bedding. Twiggy still has her spot in the store, but she's kind of been put on the back burner.

I must say though, I wasn't impressed with Kylie's new bedding and cushions. A lot of it looked like it was made from the clothes of Copper Face Jacks patrons. The theme is definitely Bling. The cushions were covered in sequins, fringe, and shiny metallic animal print, and the duvets were similarly decorated. I did a touch test and none of them felt that nice against the skin in any way. I did, however, like the faux silk cushions with the big bows on them. I suppose it all boils down to the age old question of style vs. substance.

2 comments:

caitriona said...

> A lot of it looked like it
> was made from the clothes of
> Copper Face Jacks patrons

lol! that's the funniest thing i've read all day!! poor kylie, 'coppers' attendees was probably not the style she was going for (or perhaps it was - maybe she knows where her market lies?)

niamh said...

the big bow pillows are hot!