07 April 2008

Sexy Furniture

A couple of months ago, a friend and I were sharing a bottle of wine and doing some catching up, and towards the end of the bottle she made a rather generalised comment about the Dutch. "They're all sluts!" she giggled.

I thought perhaps it was just the wine talking until today when I came across a photo of a fruit bowl shaped like four breasts, only to find out it was made by Dutch designer and sculptor, Mario Philippona. As I browsed through some of his other works, like the legs table and the high heeled wine tray, I started to wonder if my friend's slightly outrageous statement was somewhat true. Whatever the case, Mario's works are brilliantly sculpted and made from gorgeous woods. He's like a much tamer version of H.R. Giger.

As much as I'd love some erotic furniture in my house, I wonder if it's at all practical. If you have kids, how do you explain to them why a table shaped like bent over, high heeled ladies is cool? Or if you're like me, and you use your living area to meet clients, you don't want to make them uncomfortable by serving refreshments out of boob-shaped bowl. I dunno. Erotic furniture in your homes? Yea or nay? Sexy or Tacky?

4 comments:

wexfordgirl said...

It's well executed I suppose, but it's just creepy.

Actually the breast bowl would be a good conversation piece, but the table looks like a curse was put on four unfortunate women. I can't think of a house it would look good in. The Marquis de Sade's house maybe.

Shawna said...

Yeah, I kind of agree. The boob bowl is kind of subtley funny and could fit in a lot of homes, but that table is so loud, you'd need a lot to balance it out. It's one of those things that looks amazing in a gallery, but wouldn't really look right anyone's home.

Anonymous said...

Way tacky. Breaks women down into components. Gross.

pollob hasan said...




Used by sex toys,it is possible to spend our enjoyable life. May be it is very useful for removed our partner problems.

For more info...
erotic sex toys
couples sex toys
cheap quality sex toys
erotic furniture