25 August 2008

Stealing Melaware Eggcups from my mother-in-law





Our story begins last Friday when James made hard boiled eggs for breakfast. He mentioned that he wished he still had his old silver egg cup from his childhood. To which I replied "My family never had eggcups. We just cracked them on the kitchen counter." That comment was met with a look of dismay and slight confusion. "You never had an eggcup? What's wrong with you Americans?"

Fast forward to that evening when we're having dinner over at his parents' house. James decided to bring up my eggcupless existence, which got the same response from his family. His mum quickly got up and started rummaging through the cupboards. A few minutes later, she brought a rather large collection of eggcups to the table. However, a few caught my eye. A set of six little Melaware melamine eggcups that looked like they came from Urban Outfitters...or the 50's. Turns out it was the latter, and we took them home with us. James wanted just to borrow them to practice some product photography (as seen above), but I think I want to keep them. Just hope my mother in law doesn't remember that they are gone.

4 comments:

Rojo said...

I think we have the green ones in our house! ha

FancyPants-design said...

Oh these are sooo cute!! Love the colors!!

zee said...

They're soooo stylish! Although I don't eat boiled eggs, I have a collection of cute vintage egg cups. I use them for tealights!

JuliaMazal said...

i was googling "melaware coffee cups" and found this instead. so cute! thanks for sharing them.