02 September 2008

How to use good wallpaper...badly


I found this photo on Flicker of this amazing wallpaper. It was gorgeous and retro and I've never seen it before. I thought for sure that it belonged to a room with equally retro furniture and funky prints on the wall. I just loved the little pops of metallic gold and winding stems....then I saw the way the owners furnished the room...

They crammed a massive china cabinet into the corner and slammed an ugly, dark leather sofa up against the wall. There's nothing on the walls at all to break up the pattern. What a waste of a beautiful wallpaper!

2 comments:

karly said...

I bet the people who live in this house HATE the wallpaper, what a shame, it's SO cute!

zee said...

That's a Neisha Crosland wallpaper which I absolutely adore! How weird for someone to have the good taste to choose it, and then make an arse out of decorating with it. Very, very odd.